Sunday, February 26, 2006

RE: st: Asymmetric kernel estimators

-kdens- is supposed to return the bandwidth in r(width), and it does as far as I can see. Example:

. sysuse auto (1978 Automobile Data)

. kdens mpg (n() set to 74)

. ret list

scalars: r(scale) = .5168486290237691 r(n) = 74 r(width) = 4.371409523168463 r(ul) = . r(ll) = . r(adaptive) = 0

macros: r(kernel) : "epan2" r(bwtype) : "silverman"

Please check again and then, if you still can't find r(width), send me a copy of your output.

ben

> -----Original Message----- > From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner- > statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Schneider > Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:31 AM > To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu > Subject: RE: st: Asymmetric kernel estimators > > Thanks Austin, > > Not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it does the trick! Only > a small problem remains: I would like to report the bandwidth parameter > used, unfortunately kdens in contrast to kdensity does not seem to place > this parameter into r(width). I have looked through the .ado file, but > my Stata programming skill are not good enough (especially the new Mata > stuff is foreign to me). Is there an easy way to display the bandwith > used?

* * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


Tag:


Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?