Sunday, February 19, 2006
Re: st: error message with ml maximization
At 08:46 PM 2/19/2006, Hui Wang wrote: >Hey, I wrote a little do file to estimate a simutanous equation >system with switch regime and get the following error message:
I'm guessing there is an error in your program. :) It is a little too complicated for me to figure out, but I'll note that
* I assume you either have or can update to Stata 8.2, and hence set the version accordingly
* Error 430 means "convergence not achieved. You have estimated a maximum-likelihood model and Stata's maximization procedure failed to converge to a solution; see [R] maximize. Check if the model is identified."
* Perhaps I am missing something, but you refer to $ML_y3; aren't there only 2 dependent variables? If so, what is $ML_y3?
* Sometimes adding the difficult option will get the program to run, e.g.
ml maximize, difficult
My guess is you won't get off that easily in this case.
------------------------------------------- Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463 FAX: (574)288-4373 HOME: (574)289-5227 EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu WWW (personal): http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam WWW (department): http://www.nd.edu/~soc
* * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
Links to this post: