Thursday, February 16, 2006

Re: st: Test for data grouping

At 06:09 PM 2/16/2006, you wrote: >I have a variable x with data that belong to three >groups. I would like to know if the data x in these >three groups are significantly different from each >other (mean and variance) and different from x as a >whole. Which test is the best for this and how to do >it? I was thinking about Anova, but it is usually for >several different variables, can it be used for one >variable by group? > >Mark

Sounds like you want a one-way analysis of variance. Check out -help oneway-

------------------------------------------- Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463 FAX: (574)288-4373 HOME: (574)289-5227 EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu WWW (personal): WWW (department):

* * For searches and help try: * * *


Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?