Friday, March 03, 2006

st: RE: RE: How to convert a MATA matrix into a STATA matrix?

When Bill says the next issue of the Stata Journal, he meant the current one.

Nick n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

William Gould, Stata > Ulrich Kaiser <uka@sam.sdu.dk> ask, > > > My Mata code is > > > > mata > > m_all = st_matrix("all") > > nom = m_all[1...,2] > > denom = m_all[1...,3] > > denom = (denom:/denom)-denom > > lr = nom :/ denom > > out = m_all[1...,1], lr, m_all[1...,4], m_all[1...,5] > > end > > > > and I'd like to turn "out" into data format. > > > > Any ideas? > > The "Mata Matters" column in the next Stata Journal deals > with exactly > this problem. The title of the column is "Creating new variables" > with the subtitle, "Sounds boring, isn't", although I don't > know if the editors let me keep that last part. > > Anyway, I suggest Uli read that, because I hada lot to say, > all of it relevant. > > In the meantime, let me provide a crude solution to Uli's problem. > > First thing, Uli, is to create the variables in the Stata dataset > to hold the columns of out. In what follows, I will assume those > variables are named x1, x2, and x3. > > Second thing, I assume that the Stata dataset has the number > of observations > as out has rows. > > Given that, one solution is > > st_store(., ("x1", "x2", "x3"), out) > > See [M-5] st_store().

* * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


Tag:


Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?